4 STEPS TO REGISTER FOR FRIENDS SUMMIT 2018
- Complete and submit ONLINE REGISTRATION form by November 15 to avoid late fee. *Please start a new registration form for each person.
- Complete the RESOURCE PERSON APPLICATION by December 1st in addition to regular registration and payment, if you are willing to lead a breakout, provide a display table, or represent an Evangelical Friends organization at Summit. Anyone coming to Summit is welcome to apply! Young adults, that includes YOU!
- If you paid the minimum deposit when registering, complete FINAL PAYMENT FORM by December 28th. If mailing in your payment please include mail-in payment form and mail to the Summit Office by November 15. If making payment by check, which avoids additional convenience fees of $3/registration payment, please send this payment form with your check made out to EFC-MA: Mail-in Payment Form.
- Check-in on December 28 at registration desk with any remaining balance due.
Registrations are not valid until registration form is completed online and deposit is paid online or postmarked to Summit 2018 office.
4 in a room (2 queen beds) : $340/person (deposit of $235)
3 in a room (2 queen beds) : $370/person (deposit of $265)
2 in a room (2 queen beds) : $430/person (deposit of $325)
2 in a room (1 king bed) : $430/person (deposit of $325)
1 in a room (1 king bed) : $595/person (deposit of $490)
Commuter (sleeping off-site) : $280/person (deposit of $175)
- Children ages 6-12 are given a $105 discount, which makes the total deposit rate become their total registration cost. They must be included in the number per room registration cost and must register online with deposit only rate.
- Children ages 0-5 are at no cost and should not be registered.
- Early arrival or late departure to Summit 2018 reservations are available if needed $94.99/room ($85 rate plus hotel taxes) and may be reserved/paid-for through the Summit 2018 office. Please do not contact the hotel directly. Please make these reservations with the Mail-In Payment Form no later than December 11. We are sorry for the inconvenience, but these reservations must be paid for by check.
PLAN TO SEND ONE MENTOR-ADVOCATE FOR EVERY 2 OR 3 YOUNG ADULT PARTICIPANTS
REGISTRATION DATES AND DEADLINES
Register by November 15: no late fee
Register after November 15: Add $25 late fee
No registrations accepted after December 11.
- Standard guest room with One King Bed or 2 Queen Beds according to your registration package selection (this item excluded in commuter package).
- 4 breakfasts & 4 evening dinners served by Cheyenne Mountain Resort
- All scheduled Summit 2018 sessions, options and amenities, including complimentary coffee during select day-time hours in the Summit 2018 Coffee House and full espresso bar during the evening Summit 2018 Coffee House.
- Summit Group special internet access in the group meeting areas
- Cheyenne Mountain Resort facility use.
- All food and beverage service charges as well as bell and maid gratuities.
- Complimentary parking at hotel
REGISTRATION DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Travel to and from Summit 2018
- 4 Lunches
- Summit 2018 Shirts
INVITATION TO RESOURCE PERSONS
Friends Summit has the unique strength of being a gathering where we invite all evangelically minded Friends Church organizations and ministries to gather in a place where they can invite young adults to be aware, engage, and speak into their ministries.
Here are some of the options for how you can engage. Please complete the
RESOURCE PERSON APPLICATION to indicate your availability and tell us how you can enter the conversation at Summit. The application includes an ‘other’ fill in the blank section if you would like to offer any other ideas on how you would participate.
- Display Booth – personally staffed as appropriate, 6′ x 30″ table, linens provided by hotel.
- Workshop – a 45 minute workshop style presentation on a topic that is learning and knowing-oriented. You would take on a teaching role.
- Fish Bowl Discussion – A 45 minute discussion group on a topic that is knowing and theory oriented. You would take on a facilitator role but may have a 5-10 minute introduction of topic.
- Mentor-Advocate – Local and regional meetings have been asked to send one advocate for every 2-3 young adults. You would fill a mentoring role if you volunteered for this, and we would appreciate your availability to fill in any missing gaps if needed. Description elsewhere on this website.
Donate – Connect with Summit Planning Team regarding ways to provide scholarship funds through regional and local meetings/churches for young adults wishing to attend Summit 2018.
- Internet Access is available free of charge in the Hotel lobby to use in participation with the Summit social media platforms and the Summit App.
- Guest Room expensive internet access can be avoided by signing up for Marriott Rewards in order to receive free guest room internet.
For access to guest room internet:
-Access an internet browser from your computer/device which will pull up an internet splash page (network you should be connecting to is “Marriott Guest”)
-Select the $14.95 option
-Enter last name and room number
-If you have enrolled in Marriott Rewards, the $14.95 internet charge is routed off the guest folio
The online Summit registration form invites you to complete your roommate requests. If you do not have requests that fill up your room based on your package choice, the Summit Office will work with yearly meeting/regional Summit Planning Team members to assign roommates for you with hopes of you having a great Summit experience in mind.
If you have any changes or additions to your roommate requests, please contact your yearly meeting/regional Summit Planning Team member and/or the Summit Office.
CANCELLATIONS OR CHANGES
Please notify the Summit 2018 Office immediately with any cancellations.
Any cancellations received by November 15 will receive reimbursement in full by check payment from the Summit 2018 Office (minus any credit card fees). Any cancellations received between November 16 and December 28 will be reimbursed minus deposit. Once registration is cancelled, deadlines and fees apply to any re-registration.
All registration payments are final and non-refundable after December 28. Cancellations or unexpected departures or dismissal after December 28 will receive no refund.
The Friends Summit 2018 Summit Office will not be completing any background searches nor applying any background search policy. Each local church and participating region/yearly meeting is asked to be fully responsible for following their background search policies and procedures for any persons registering and participating in Summit 2018.
Summit 2018 Office
Wichita, KS 67213
316 267 0391
Friends Summit is sponsored and planned by the six regions of Evangelical Friends Church – North America (EFC-NA), particularly targeting EFC-NA young adults. Persons who are not participants of EFC-NA churches are welcome to register and participate in Summit. We ask that all participants be compatible with and respectful towards EFC-NA Christ-centered beliefs.