4 STEPS TO REGISTER FOR FRIENDS SUMMIT 2023
- Complete and submit ONLINE REGISTRATION form by November 1 to avoid late fee.
- Pay online or complete MAIL-IN PAYMENT FORM. If mailing in your payment please include mail-in payment form and mail to the Summit Office by December 15th. Please send this payment form with your check made out to EFC-MA, Memo:Summit Payment with the Mail-in Payment Form.
- If you are willing to lead a breakout, provide a display table, or represent an evangelical Friends organization at Summit, please complete the RESOURCE PERSON APPLICATION by November 15th in addition to regular registration and payment. Anyone coming to Summit is welcome to apply! Young adults, that includes YOU!
- Remaining balance is due by December 15th.
Registrations are not valid until registration form is completed online and payment is received online or postmarked to Summit 2023 office by December 15th.
4 in a room (2 double beds) : $369/person
3 in a room (2 double beds) : $399/person
3 in a room (1 king & rollaway cot): $399/person
2 in a room (2 double beds) : $459/person
2 in a room (1 king bed) : $459/person
1 in a room (1 king bed) : $645/person
Commuter (sleeping off-site) : $280/person
- Children ages 6-12 are given a $130 discount, which makes the total deposit rate become their total registration cost. They must be included in the number per room registration cost and must register online with deposit only rate.
- Children ages 0-5 are at no cost and should not be registered.
- Early arrival or late departure to Summit 2023 reservations are available if needed $97.11/room and may be reserved/paid-for through the Summit 2023 office. Please do not contact the hotel directly. Please make these reservations with the Mail-In Payment Form no later than December 1. We are sorry for the inconvenience, but these reservations must be paid for by check.
PLAN TO SEND ONE MENTOR-ADVOCATE FOR EVERY 2 OR 3 YOUNG ADULT PARTICIPANTS
REGISTRATION DATES AND DEADLINES
Register by November 1, 2023: no late fee
Register after November 1: Add $25 late fee
No registrations accepted after December 1, 2023.
- Standard guest room with 1 King Bed or 2 Double Beds according to your registration package selection (this item excluded in commuter package).
- 4 breakfasts & 3 evening dinners served by Hyatt Regency Houston West.
- All scheduled Summit 2023 sessions, options and amenities, including complimentary coffee during select day-time hours in the Summit 2023 Coffee House.
- Hyatt Regency Houston West facility use.
- All food and beverage service charges.
- Complimentary parking at hotel.
REGISTRATION DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Travel to and from Summit 2023
- 4 Lunches
- Summit 2023 Shirts
- Dinner on the first night
INVITATION TO RESOURCE PERSONS
Friends Summit has the unique strength of being a gathering where we invite all evangelically minded Friends Church organizations and ministries to gather in a place where they can invite young adults to be aware, engage, and speak into their ministries.
Here are some of the options for how you can engage. Please complete the
RESOURCE PERSON APPLICATION to indicate your availability and tell us how you can enter the conversation at Summit. The application includes an ‘other’ fill in the blank section if you would like to offer any other ideas on how you would participate.
- Display Booth – personally staffed as appropriate, 6′ x 30″ table, black linen tablecloths provided by hotel.
- Workshop – a 45 minute workshop style presentation on a topic that is learning and knowing-oriented. You would take on a teaching role.
- Fish Bowl Discussion – A 45 minute discussion group on a topic that is knowing and theory oriented. You would take on a facilitator role but may have a 5-10 minute introduction of topic.
- Mentor-Advocate – Local and regional meetings have been asked to send one advocate for every 2-3 young adults. You would fill a mentoring role if you volunteered for this, and we would appreciate your availability to fill in any missing gaps if needed. Description elsewhere on this website.
Donate – Connect with Summit Planning Team regarding ways to provide scholarship funds through regional and local meetings/churches for young adults wishing to attend Summit 2023.
- Internet Access is available free of charge in the Hotel lobby to use in participation with the Summit social media platforms and the Summit App.
The online Summit registration form invites you to complete your roommate requests. If you do not have requests that fill up your room based on your package choice, the Summit Office will work with yearly meeting/regional Summit Planning Team members to assign roommates for you with hopes of you having a great Summit experience in mind.
If you have any changes or additions to your roommate requests, please contact your yearly meeting/regional Summit Planning Team member and/or the Summit Office.
CANCELLATIONS OR CHANGES
Please notify the Summit 2023 Office immediately with any cancellations.
Any cancellations received by December 1 will receive reimbursement in full by check payment from the Summit 2023 Office (minus any credit card fees). Any cancellations received between December 1 and December 28 will be reimbursed minus deposit. Once registration is cancelled, deadlines and fees apply to any re-registration.
All registration payments are final and non-refundable after December 28. Cancellations or unexpected departures or dismissal after December 28 will receive no refund.
The Friends Summit 2023 Summit Office will not be completing any background searches nor applying any background search policy. Each local church and participating region/yearly meeting is asked to be fully responsible for following their background search policies and procedures for any persons registering and participating in Summit 2023.
Summit 2023 Office
Wichita, KS 67213
316 267 0391
Friends Summit is sponsored and planned by the six regions of Evangelical Friends Church – North America (EFC-NA), particularly targeting EFC-NA young adults. Persons who are not participants of EFC-NA churches are welcome to register and participate in Summit. We ask that all participants be compatible with and respectful towards EFC-NA Christ-centered beliefs.