Welcome to Friends Summit 2018!
Conversations that could change your life!
December 28, 2018-January 1, 2019 | Colorado Springs, CO | EFC-NA
Cost: $340 *dependent on how many per room
Countdown to Summit 2022
EMPOWER A LEADER; CHANGE YOUR CHURCH, FUEL A MOVEMENT
- THIS IS AN INVITATION TO YOU AND YOUR CHURCH! What if a group of spiritual leaders in your church partnered with youth or young adult leaders and took the following steps? The elders board? A small group of discerning lay church leaders? People beyond typical youth and young adult leaders who could help significantly represent the local church at large?
- Prayerfully select mentor-advocate(s) to walk alongside young adults from your church at Summit.
- Prayerfully decide an amount to allocate towards scholarships for young adults to help with registration and travel costs. What if church leaders opened their own wallets to send future leaders?
- Prayerfully look at who Summit is for and consider who you should invite. Your invitation and affirmation may be the most powerful conversation in this process. Don’t miss this opportunity to say four words that most of us never forget: I SEE IN YOU…!
- Invite selected young adults to attend Summit, helping them register and begin making travel plans.
(Summit asks your church to send one mentor-advocate for every 2 or 3 young adults) They have a mutually positive relationship with young adults. They are coming from and returning with young adult/s to the same local church/area. A “weighty Friend” who is a spiritual leader. Interested in innovation, a good listener, likes to engage to help process. Might already be working closely with young adults, or possibly it would be even more powerful if they were an influential person in the church who doesn’t specifically serve with youth or young adult ministries but could be an effective bridge or voice between young adults and the greater Body.